Marketing has become indispensable in organization successful, marketing actions are as a result of management information and of applied common sense prosperous marketing companies are those that think positively about their business environment, so developing organization capable of seeking opportunities, recognizing potential and resolving its difficulties.
Internet as a new marketing tool plays an important role in promoting marketing activities. It is defined by Reynold (1999) as a connection of interconnected network of all freely exchange information many organizations have their Website, Email e.t.c where they transact business and sell various types of product to the outside world. Internet marketing as assumed a position of significant in term of achieving product growth and co-operate objective efficiently through an effective communication process.
Stanton (1981) defines communication through electronic means are the process by which information is transmitted between individuals, organization and the public by the use of words i.e term and symbols .e.t.c which may take different forms such as phone e-mail e.t.c.
The possibilities of micro-electronic (internet) internet new product development are clear through the provision of opportunities for faster access to sales result which can be displayed and assessed at distance to location.
May organization in the world either profit or non profit oriented concern on how to integrate to achieve stated goal.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM OF THE STUDY
The problem have is the internet as a new marketing tool for achieving organization growth. This problem tool is concerned with the effect of using internet as a new marketing. That is whether the cost of maintaining internet justifies the benefit derived by the company (ies).
These problem tools in the competitive homogenous explore those brotherly questions. Concerned with the problem. This problem involves The evaluation of internet as one of marketing tool.
- Is internet more effective than other marketing tool for achieving organization objective (growth).
- What proportion of promotional budget should be allocated to internet
- Does the cost of internet justify the benefit / promotional tools and such importance be related with the opportunity of promotional budget.
1.2 AIM AND OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The aims of this research working into the sharp focus the root of success and failure of internet in business organization. The research finding and recommendation will enable the management to know and plan effectively on the right value of using internet as a marketing tool for achieving company growth. The project set out the best procedure on the internet a marketing tool in business companies. The objective of the study is to prove that internet is also non- effective compare with other promotional tool in any business organization.
- To make sales faster when customer are at long distance e.g (Bank)
- To guarantee flow of service in order to avoid stress
- To ensure that bank established a record of honest dealing with customers in order to keep abreast their market and at the sometime more ahead the competitors.
- To achieve proper monitoring and security.
- SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this re search work is that it will enable the researcher to understand in full what interest is all about and the various way of improving internet service by researching into their problems.
It will also improve the practice application of the internet service (concept).
To the company (industries), which is marketing firms the research finding and recommendation will enable them to see the real effect of internet as a tool for achieving organization objectives (growth) and opportunity enable with the use of internet service in relation with marketing activities in them present and recognized the opportunities that can be derived by an organization.
- This research work tends to examine the impact of internet as a modern marketing strategy of achieving both product and corporate goal.
This opportunities and threat it has brought to the business environment using the First Bank of Nigeria Limited as a case study. This study covers e.g Ilorin monopolies within the month of March June in the year.
- LIMITATION AND CONSTRAINT TO THE STUDY
This research work is planned to cover a wide area. However the wide range expected to be covered are limited by major as
- Insufficient fund to carryout the project work.
- The research work is hinded by time, insufficient time for student to be able to search for data and gather information for the purpose of this research.
- Inability of staff to give adequate and proper answer to the research questions.